Sunday, March 14, 2010

*Life is a Funny Creature*

Hmm. Life is just that. Crazy. Interesting. Full of surprises. I never know what the day is ever going to bring. I'm just sittin here floating in the tub thinking about just that. Smiling. Yesterday, one day, has brought about more than any other day in a while. Everything I had written just days ago, all my feelings, all my situations have all done a 360 it seems like. The day started off at 5 am running the river run with christina. 6 months out of physical therapy and not being able to run like I used to had me a little discouraged. Okay, a lot discouraged. But, amazingly, I ran the entire thing. All 9.6 miles. That, gave me not only confidence in myself on the road and in the gym, but it gave me a wave of confidence for my.. hmm.. donno a word or how to describe it. I guess in my self-esteem all together. Over the past several months, depression has hit me hard. Just in the past 2 months or so though, I've been able to overcome it with the Lord's help through His word and His helper! :) Since then, Molly's back. My happy-go-lucky self who can't stop smiling and laughing, is back. And it's been obvious I guess. Fellow employees, friends, family,even my manager have noticed the inability to stop smiling. It feels good to be at the place in my life where I am with a humongus smile on my face. Yesterday when I crossed the finish line, it took on 2 meanings for me- one that i was able to finish the race and then analogously, I felt like I was closing that depressive chapter of my life and putting it all behind me. :) Next. lol. My Bible study, wow. It is definitely making me eat my lunch. I'm figuring out areas of my life that need complete transformation, and that, in and of itself is tough to take in. There are sooo many areas of my life in which I fail every single day! I don't even know where to begin! But, I'm starting with the biggest area and while working through that, hopefully the other areas will begin to change also. My accountability partners, my Bible mommies I call them, lol are absolutely wonderful. I have no idea why they take their time each week to meet with me and study the word with me, but wow, I'm so thankful. I feel like I should just make this my thanksgiving list! I can't help but be thankful. The Lord put them in my life at exactly the right, His, timing and in just 2 years, have already seen me go from the lowest low point of my life and up to the highest point, where I am now! :) Love them. I pray that I continue to grow in the Lord and be transformed into all He wants me to be!
Psalm 19: 7-10
"The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever. The judgements of the Lord are true, they are righteous altogether. They are more desirable than gold, yes, than much fine gold."

No comments:

Post a Comment