Monday, November 22, 2010

*To Oregon We Go!!!*


Oh my googles, where do I begin?!?! The smile on my face is humongous, contagious, and has no sign of going away ANY time soon! :)))) To start, Jeff and I have made it clear to each other that this is it! We have been inseparable and are simply just perfect for each other! He is truly my best friend and soul mate! So, unfortunately because Mama n Daddy are oh, only all the way across the country, we had to scrounge up some moolah for plane tickets for him to ask my dad the big question!! We got lucky, got a little extra money and off we went to Portland, Oregon! Jeff's never been past Kansas so the west coast was a far ways off! lol. So, Thursday, November 11th at 5:30 am we took off for Atlanta and from there, to Portland! Note to self: never ever book a flight that long with a boyfriend who has severe A.D.D., especially when you have the most important and last final exam of nursing school only hours after arriving home Sunday night!! OOOman! He was hilarious! I can say that now but when I was trying to study, no! haha. Probably the most memorable moment on that flight was when he leaned over to me after staring out the window and said, "Honey? What's all that white stuff on the ground?" Laughing of course, I said, "Honey... that's snow!" Poor thing has never seen snow! haha! But we finally arrived in Oregon where we travelled through time and gained 3 hours. Already tired, we still had a full day ahead of us at 1115 am!! My soooo excited parents greeted us with hugs and off we went to eat some lunch and catch up! After a short trip to the mall, we went to the mansion on the mountain where we were greeted by the cutest dogs ever!! so cute! one day, they're gonna end up in my luggage! ;) We cleaned up and soon went to a nice dinner in downtown Portland to the Charthouse on the water! It was so gorgeous at night! The perfect setting for 'the talk'!!! Jeff and I knew my parents made reservations, so I think he planned it in advance! ;) It was so cute.. the night before we were layin there and he was so cute n nervous asking me how he should do it and what he should say. lol. we even did a little role playin...! all in all, it was adorable! :) But, after dinner, before we left.. that's when it happened! I turned soooooo red, I'm sure!! It was dark and I was soooo sick but I'm sure you could still tell! haha! It was perfect though! The end result was a YES!!! :) So so so so so so (I could go on forever) exciting! I am stolked to be so lucky to have him and I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with him! Now, just waitin on one more thing! ;) hehe! (Can't wait to write about that, hopefully soon!) The next day, we did some sight-seeing! We drove out to the Pacific Coast. It is so pretty! The mountains literally drop off directly into the ocean! Weird! The waves were enormous, which is the norm! Our coast is sand, theirs is rocks! Jeff got some pet rocks, haha! We went to Haystack Rock and then something else with like a tunnel through a huuuge rock that goes into the ocean. Funny story about that last one..I got absolutely drenched, but we won't go there. Just smile and nod!! Oh and another fun thing.. we spotted a Long John Silvers on the way home! It is awesome because I can't tell you how long I've said I wanted to eat there but, man it was good! Anyways! We finally made it home and sick me, of course went to bed. :( Jeff got me sick so it's all his fault! grrr! Saturday was a football and chicken wings day- one of my favorite things in the world!! I wish everyday was one of those days! We went Christmas shopping and came home to pack. :( Despite being a pretty short trip and my sickness with bronchitis, it was the best trip ever!!!! I can't wait to see what happens next! And with that, I'll keep you updated. Samantha (the cat) needs some attention. Until next time..~

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment