Thursday, November 25, 2010

*Day of Thanks!!*

I can't believe Thanksgiving has already come and gone already! Time is flying by! That's good and bad i reckon! :/ Well today was a chance for me to really look around me and give thanks to the one who's given me everything I have! There has been so much that this life has thrown at me and it's just amazing to me that through all those storms, I'm on the other side now and can look back and truly say that my faith is the only thing that got me through. Today, first and foremost, I am so thankful for my relationship with the Lord. My faith has been tested and although I haven't always done the right things, He has never left me alone and has gotten me through everything! I'd be no where without my faith. I am also thankful for every single thing that He has given me. I was so blessed to be born into the family I was. My parents are simply the best and I couldn't have asked for better Christian parents. My sisters and my grandparents have been there for me through everything and there is nothing but love among us all! My friends are just wonderful and I'm lucky to have them all! Finally, my biggest gift of all, Jeffrey! Wow, I am speechless and honestly don't know how to put into words how much he means to me and how thankful I am for him. He is amazing. I wake up in the morning and wonder why and how a girl like me gets a guy like him! :) Wow. That's all I can say. I am so so in LOVE!!! I honestly do not know what I would do without him. I don't remember life before him!!:) That, in and of itself is so surprising! Like I mentioned first, something that I've never been able to say any other year...is that I'm so thankful for the situations I've had to overcome to get to where I am today. In the midst of them all, I would question, worry, cry.. but now, it all makes sense. Everything really does happen for a reason. Now I don't do any of that, but can't stop smiling! I just look back in amazement of how I could question what the Lord's doing in my life! All I can do is be in a constant state of thanksgiving... not just on Thanksgiving! :)
So, just like every other Thanksgiving, I woke up so excited to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! My family has always watched it and long awaited the Rockett's performance! Well, wouldn't you know that the second I turned it on, they were in their last position just smiling away and then off they went! I was soooo sad!!! hahaha! Thanksgiving just wasn't the same... ! :( But I can say that today was the first Thanksgiving EVER that I've actually enjoyed the food and didn't force it down! lol. All because the Murrays are brilliant and know how to fry a turkey! Um yeh. It was delicious. I even went back for more turkey nuggets. lol! We started out at Grents house then headed over to the Murrays. Then, of course, headed home to pack for Jeff's hunting trip. Um, can I just say I cried when he left. I don't know why, but I did...! He's gone hunting almost every other weekend but I guess it was just the fact that it was Thanksgiving holiday, my parents aren't here, and I really just wanted to be with him. All I could do was pack myself! I'm headin over to his Mama's house and we're having a slumber party tonight and waking up early to go shopping all day tomorrow! So I'll be having fun too but ya know...! :( Speaking of which, I better go! Party won't start without me! :) ~

No comments:

Post a Comment